Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Coming up....

This Saturday is my first 1/2 marathon! I am ready to get it over, and here is why:

1. I am SO tired of only running for exercise.
2. I want to go back to the gym I have been paying $58 a month for.
3. Running more than 5-6 miles takes up WAY to much time!
4. Most importantly, afterwards, I will be able to say "I actually finished a 1/2 marathon."

Crazy.. Never thought I would be able to do it.. Well, technically I haven't finished it yet, but I never thought I could even train for it.. But, now 5-10 miles doesn't even seem that far.. With that all being said, I still have NO desire to do a full marathon.. But perhaps I will do another 1/2... Never know.. I do know I won't be doing this one again.. Maybe my next one will be in... Houston?!?! It is flat there... :)

4 comments:

CAB said...

Wow - well, just to run that far is amazing to me - I am NOT a runner - in fact I probably haven't really "run" in ages...I need to get some exercise! I hope it goes well!

Anne said...

I am so proud of you for doing this! You are amazing! And because of you, I have started running again. That's right - it's time to officially lose this baby weight! However, there will be now half marathons in my future. I'm doing good to run a mile twice a week. And yes - Houston would be a great place to run your next marathon.... :-)

Anne said...

Okay, apparently I'm typing too fast and can't spell. Sorry!

Anne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.